Friday, April 10, 2009

Something for the tummy

picture by,
stephanie@ayearofcrockpotting



Yum,Yum give me summ.....Gotta try it.


Chili Verde Beef


4 pound chuck roast, or pork shoulder/butt (I used a chuck roast)
1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 small onion, diced
1 (4 ounce) can diced chile (didnt use)
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes (I used Mueir Glen roasted diced tomatos w/green chilies)
10 tomatillos, diced (peel off the outer wrapper, if they have one)
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons sage
1 Tablespoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or more, to taste)
1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves

The Directions.

I used my 6 quart crockpot. Trim any visible fat from the meat, and plop into your slow cooker stoneware. Add diced bell pepper and onion. If your tomatillos have the leafy-outer skin left on them, take the skin and stem off, and dice finely (I used the blender,becuz I am poor and dont have a food processor).It worked fine. Pour in the contents of the diced chile can and the tomato can. Add spices. Stir a bit to get the spices down the sides of the meat. Add chopped cilantro to the top.Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, high for 6, or until meat shreds easily with a fork. Serve with rice, corn tortillas, shredded cheese, and a dollop of sour cream.

This was so good, I took the left overs to work and my co-worker liked it too.

Thanks, Stephanie @ Ayearofcrockpotting.com

No comments:

Post a Comment